We’re proud to be ranked #1 in newborn care and among the top 10 children’s hospitals in the nation.
This recognition reflects the expertise of our care teams and their dedication to helping kids Grow Up Stronger.
Our Newborn Care
At the Division of Neonatology at Children's National, tiny babies with the most complex conditions receive expert, compassionate care from our neonatologists (doctors who care for premature and/or ill infants).
- Our neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) is the highest level NICU (Level IV), which means we can offer the ultimate level of care for premature infants.
- Our neonatologists are on-site to care for babies 24/7. No matter what treatment your child needs, we provide access to experts from more than 40 other pediatric subspecialties.
- Our team treats your baby with the best that modern medicine offers: advanced treatments and complex surgical procedures – many of which were developed here.
- Most importantly, we work closely with you and your family to make sure you understand and participate in all decisions made about your baby’s health.
- You are a core part of your baby’s recovery and healing. While staying in the NICU, parents and families have access to counseling, social workers, family support specialists, and transition rooms to help you practice being at home with your baby.
Our Newborn Care
Our Specialty Care
Children’s National Health System is nationally ranked in specialties that range from the simple to the rare and complex. We treat the whole child, paying attention to both physical and emotional needs.
- The U.S. News and World Report Honor Roll features the best hospitals in the country. Five of our specialties ranked in the top ten including, Neonatology (#1), Cancer (#7), Neurology and Neurosurgery (#9), Orthopaedics (#9) and Nephrology (#10).
- We know that children require complex care and attention tailored to their unique size and physiology. Our specialty-trained pediatricians see more than 220,000 patients each year, translating to the high level of expertise that you need for your child.
- From the doctors and nurses to the social workers and other staff working with you and your child, the team at Children’s National puts your family at the center of care.
- Our physicians and researchers are at the cutting edge of innovation, bringing the newest clinical trials, treatments and technologies to our patients.
- Children’s National is in your neighborhood. Our specialists provide care in multiple locations throughout the D.C. region.